Go was created at Google in 2007, and since then, engineering teams across Google have adopted Go to build products and services at massive scale. Go is a fairly new language designed by all time heroes of C, UNIX and Plan 9 under the banner of Google. In this 2 hour live rolling demo Pascal will share with you his love for Go. He will tell you why he thinks Go is marvellous for building applications.
Do you know that all the hip OpenSource products you love to use like K8S, Docker, MongoDB are all written in Go?
Key is to show you that Go definetely fullfills the promise of increasing Developer Productivity like no other language does!
Live in our OpenSource kitchen Pascal will show you:
- How to setup a Go build environment.
- Develop a small program in Code and explaining what it does
- Spice it up with some added Go concurrency
- Get things cooking with Go generics
- Convert it to a single-page web application
- Test and correct it using the default Go tools
- Benchmark and optimize it using the default Go tools
- Cross compile for ARM64 and RISCV64 out of the box on AMD64
- Build and run an optimized container for our web app
If you like what you have seen, please do signup for our Introduction to Go course with us or one of our partners.
At the end the question is, “Should I Rust or should I Go?” Or maybe both?