In the last years, we heard more and more often the word GitOps: managing and deploying applications as code, deploying them automatically in different environments using git.
But how does it work?
What are the advantages of this approach?
Is it as easy as people claim?
During this Tech-talk, we will see which tools are available to use GitOps on Kubernetes. We will find out together how to write pipelines that will allow us to deploy our apps in different environments as easy as… git push!
- Laptop with Kind installed (https://kind.sigs.k8s.io/)
- Basic knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
After this Tech-talk you will know:
- What is GitOps and which advantages does it brings to infrastructure management;
- Which metrics to keep in mind when moving towards GitOps;
- How to avoid common mistakes when moving towards a fully-automated GitOps architecture.
Andrea has been implementing and comparing GitOps solutions in his past contracts and he finds it a very opinionated topic with very little best-practices around it.
With this workshop, he wants to give us the opportunity to understand what GitOps is, how to use it and what to keep in mind when implementing it. In short: he is going to give us a git push!
Click here to access the Tech-talk.