Kubernetes Networking Overview *ITGilde Gurus Class*
KUBERNETES NETWORKING OVERVIEW
Networking in Kubernetes isn’t easy to understand. There are so many options to make your applications accessible and it isn’t always clear when you should choose which specific option.
ITGilde Guru Sander van Vugt will explore the options with you on November 26th in a live 3 hours virtual masterclass.
THE CLASS WILL COVER
- Understanding the role of network plugins in Kubernetes
- Understanding network communications between pods in the same cluster
- Using network policy as an internal firewall
- Using ClusterIP and NodPort Service types and when to use which
- Using ExternalName Service type
- Using LoadBalancer Service type
- Understanding Ingress and Ingress controllers
This class is suitable for you if you have at least some experience with Kubernetes – you should at least know how to run applications using Pods and Deployments.
Class participants are expected to have access to a working minikube cluster, which can be setup using the following quick instructions:
1. Prepare a virtual machine with 8GB RAM, 2CPU’s, 20GB disk, running either Fedora Workstation 33 or Ubuntu LTS 20.04;
2. Enable hypervisor extensions on the VM CPU;
3. Use git clone https://github.com/sandervanvugt/kubernetes;
4. From the git cloned directory, run the kube-setup.sh script.
ABOUT ITGILDE GURUS CLASSES
Gurus classes are designed for open source specialists who wish to deepen their knowledge and expand skill-set on a specific topic.
Topics such as Linux memory, Kubernetes troubleshooting, Service Meshes, enhancing your security with systemd and much more. The selected topics are important for an outstanding performance, but most often knowledge that is very rarely transferred in a structured and concise manner.
The ITGilde Gurus are recognized experts in their field and share their insights with you which you can implement right away in your job.
In a session of 2 – 3 hours you learn more about the Gurus Class topic and you will be able to interact with the trainer. Afterwards you will get 3 months access to the recording which can deepen your learning.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level Intermediate
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes