In this online talk Sander van Vugt will share how the Living Open Source project is bringing Open Source to Africa.
An inspiring story for everyone who is interested in open source in general and the impact of using open source in a society.
Santos Venter from Zambia represents Living Open Source Foundation locally in Zambia and in this talk he will show you what has been accomplished in Zambia.
Also you will learn about new ‘Getting 10 women out of the factory’ project, in which 10 women will receive a scholarship to become Open Source specialist.
Education is the key to transformation
The Living Open Source Foundation offers free training in Open Source related topics in Africa, to everyone who is interested. By doing so, anyone can get the chance to become an IT professional and through this, get the chance at a real job. By training people in Open Source in Africa, the foundation also ensures that local governments no longer have to spend money on proprietary software, which then can be spend on improving the local economy.
Behind the scenes and inspiration
The Living Open Source Foundation is registered in The Netherlands and is now led by Sander van Vugt and Pieter Izeboud. Santos Venter from Zambia is representing Living Open Source Foundation locally in Zambia and the foundation is expanding to other African countries.
We hope to welcome you the 20th!
So if you feel you want to learn more and maybe even contribute to the vibrant Living Open Source community that is rapidly growing, than definitely join this evening.
Naturally the hosts will inspire you with ideas on how you can help to raise awareness and support the foundation.
On the other hand, they will also show you what an enormous impact the foundation already has which is truly touching.
* Since we have limited seats available, we encourage you to sign up in advance.
This also gives you the opportunity to download and install the GoToMeeting plugin – which you will need to attend this meeting – in advance so you miss not a minute of this meeting.
Wish to support the Living Open Source Foundation?
Donations are welcome via
- Bank account number: NL63 RABO 0341 2923 54, Name: Stichting Living Open Source
- BIC (SWIFT): RABONL2U
- Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org
To give you an idea of what the foundation can do with your contribution:
- For 25 Euro we can provide lunch for 2 participants during one of our events.
- For 100 Euro we can organize a transport from a remote village with 6 participants who can come to the event this way.
- For 300 Euro we can fly in a talented local trainer to an event somewhere in Africa.
- For 600 Euro we pay the salary of our Living Open Source lead in Africa for a month again.